Author(s): Carl Hiaasen
New York Times bestselling author Carl Hiaasen, author of modern classic, Hoot, delivers a wildly entertaining novel celebrating the great outdoors and involving snakes, grizzlies, a missing dad, and a menacing drone!
Some facts about Billy Dickens:
* He once saw a biker swerve across the road in order to run over a snake.
* Later, that motorcycle somehow ended up at the bottom of a canal.
* Billy isn't the type to let things go.
Some facts about Billy's family:
* They've lived in six different Florida towns because Billy's mum insists on getting a house near a bald eagle nest.
* Billy's dad left when he was four and is a total mystery.
* Billy has just found his dad's address - in Montana.
This summer, Billy will fly across the country, hike a mountain, float a river, dodge a grizzly bear, shoot down a spy drone, save a neighbor's cat, save an endangered panther, and then try to save his own father.
Lucy & George's Review:
Teenager Billy Dickens hasn't seen his dad since he was three or four and he knows a whole lot more about who he isn't (astronaut, quantum physicist, NASCAR driver, yoga instructor) than who he is. Billy's mum always destroys the return address on the monthly cheque dad sends...but this month Billy finds his address in Montana. So, this summer, Billy Dickens will fly across the country, hike a mountain, dodge a grizzle bear, shoot down a spy drone, save a neighbour's cat, save an endangered panther, and then try to save his own father.
If you like snakes, you will really enjoy this new book from a very funny author. If, like me, you are not a fan of snakes, you will still probably like it! This is a story that has a lot of humour that had me literally laughing out loud but also has some serious bits (that I don’t want to spoil for you). As well as an enticing story, there are also lots of “useless facts” about anything and everything, which I really enjoyed. Get ready to fly with Billy across America from Florida to Montana countless times. I would recommend this book for kids ages 11 and up. I am glad I was given this for Christmas because I will definitely be going back to re-read it another time. - George Matsis (11)
- : 9781529017175
- : Pan Macmillan
- : Macmillan Children's Books
- : 0.3
- : November 2018
- : ---length:- '19.8'width:- '12.9'units:- Centimeters
- : books
- : Carl Hiaasen
- : Paperback
- : 1
- : English
- : [Fic]